Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hanging Hussein

Well the deed is done. And to be honest with you it has no effect on me. Not one of victory nor one of over reaction.

What I mean is, I am sure he deserved his demise for the attacks on those who tried to assassinate him. I am sure he is guilty of war crimes. I am sure he was not a benefit to society.

However, what I am also saying. Is since 9/11 we have been in Iraq, fighting this war that has progressively gotten worse. We lose more soldiers as time goes and what are really gaining? This is slowly turning into, a Veitnam type situation, a war we can not win.

And most of all, from my understanding Osama Bin Laden was behind the terrorists attacks. So why didn't we have a 6 year campaign against Bin Laden? Why so much time, money, and human life in Iraq? To get one thing straight, I am not anti-war. I also feel that we were attacked by Bin Laden and took action against Hussein. If anything, I would guess, we could have sided with Hussein and he would have apprehended Bin Laden within months. Some of you may say why would we want to side with him? Wake up..... do you realize that these crimes he was recently convicted of have years ago? In the 80's I believe, yeah back when we were giving them weapons to fight Iran, and giving Iran weapons to fight Iraq.
Here it is straight from the New York Post's Timeline on Oct. 19, 2005
Saddam is charged with crimes against humanity for killing of 148 Shiites in 1982. Yes 1982.

My point, you ask? This war has nothing to do with 9/11. This war had nothing to do with the price of tea in China either. But you can bet your ass it had something to do with the price of gas. Have terrorists threats gone down? nope! it has hovered around "amber" for 6 years. it is just like the weather, partly cloudy with a chance of rain.
So the next time you think the war is about fighting back against terrorism.... what 9/11 crime are we pursuing and what suspect?
I support our troops, and for some it's not their choice to be there either. I just would like it if this war was against terroism, that we would attack terroism, specifically Bin Laden and Al Quada. Iraq is going to have tremendous termoil no matter who is in charge...

And sadly enough here in America and most of the world to follow. Politics will be controlled by fossil fuels. Yes we are dependent, fossil fuels will be more valuable than money. Anyone remember Mad Max? A waste land fighting over fuel.....

Later
-TDK

2 comments:

Kiya said...

Man you are right on target! Are you one of those great thinkers?

You put into words I wish I could have found to say what you said.

I, for one, am not even sure it was Hussein that was put to death. Remember he had quite a few look-alikes around?

I am not an advocate of the death penalty.. But he was not tried here in the states, they have a different system, religion, etc then us - so I do not judge what they did in their own country.

I believe Hussein was the Scapegoat of this century - for Bush's war on Iraq for what was it WMD, No ummm it was for something else - I dont recall what it was called second, but the last thing I recall hearing was it was called "FREE IRAQ"

The new leader was approved (or was it handpicked) by our Gov't, was that so that the Oil Cronies would have someone that supported them or ??

I support troops who are dedicated to their choice of jobs/careers, I do not however support a war that was for 3 or more OTHER reasons before it became the war it is today.

Its not that the US cannot win the war .. I dont think anyway.. I think its a war they dont want to win - keeping their hand in the cookie jar --- if they discontinued the war - one could presume they would lose on oil!

Dollar Kidd said...

Well Dana, I like your input and really enjoy the feed back. Am I one of those great thinkers? Well, I would love to carry that title, lol. But I guess what anyone reads here is just an opinion. I ike to take topics that I can put an abstract view on. Like this one, everyone wanted to see hime die. I just want one person to tell me why they want to see that. What did he do to America? And the weapons he used to kill those Kurds were probably provided by the U.S.

And I agree with your view of Hussein being the scapegoat of the century. Well so far anyway, as we are not even a decade into it.

oh btw, I tried to view your profile and it is blocked. I encourage you to share it.

TDK