Friday, February 16, 2007

Pro Athletes Striking

Today In History, this is at the bottom of this blog and I usually check it out to see if there is anything to write about, well today there was...

2005 - The National Hockey League cancelled its entire season after a five-month lockout.

I think it is bullshit when pro athletes STRIKE for more money, benefits or whatever. When you make hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to PLAY your favorite sport. I think it is bullshit that they dare strike. I know recently Baseball has done it and Football in the past 20 years.

Now think about this, they cancelled an entire season. Fans could not watch one single game of their beloved sport, no playoffs, no championship, just a future trivia question. What year did the NHL not compete? or a trick question who won the Stanley cup in 2005?

Any way back to the BULLSHIT, and I am not just picking on the NHL but all pro sports. If they think that hurt their lifestyle, not getting a raise that is. What would happen to their beloved jobs? If ALL THE FANS took one whole year off. No season ticket holders, no ticket sales, no merchandise sales, no endorsements . Because for one year the rest of the world doesn't care about their freaking sport. I am talking all sports, any pro athlete that thinks he has a right to strike for more money... it's ridiculous.

Well I'll tell you what would happen if the rest of the world took off from their sport... Severe financial losses for each franchise, staff and players, competitors or drivers. That is what would happen, Billions of dollars would be lost.

You tell me...

TDK

1 comment:

Kiya said...

I totally agree - they make more money then any one out there.

And to STRIKE FOR MORE?

All because there are those WILLING TO PAY OUT THE NOSE TO GO SEE THEIR FAVE TEAM!

What more can you say but what you have said too!

I want to strike it rich too.

*grin*